Cacti

Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.

Post general support questions here that do not specifically fall into the Linux or Windows categories.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

claw172000

Post by claw172000 »

Hi all, I am new to cacti, i have managed to set up a virtual machine with ubuntu 20.04.3 - everything is running smoothly i can access the web version of cacti. My problem is the following , when i add a new device (my pc that is running windows 10- i don't have anything else to use) i received the error System SNMP error - SNMP::get(): No response from. I have added the snmp service to my pc (actualy i have 2 services activated snmp service and snmp trap). I have tried adding the same pc with different snmp version (i noticed that cacti has a setting regarding the version when you're trying to add a new device) . I can ping the virtual machine from my windows pc and vice versa. Can you please give me some advice regarding what i am doing wrong ?

Thank you very much.

camerabob
Cacti User

Post by camerabob »

Did you configure the SNMP agent with your community strings and server IP address(es)?
snmp.jpg
snmp.jpg (194.65 KiB) Viewed 31700 times
Last edited by camerabob on Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prod: Cacti 1.2.15 @ CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core) & PHP 5.4.16-48.el7 Maint @ 1.2 Monitor @ 2.3.6 Thold @ 1.2.4 Temp: Cacti 1.2.3 @ CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core) & PHP 5.4.16-48.el7 Flowview @ 2.1 Mactrack @ 4.2 Maint @ 1.2 Monitor @ 2.3.6 Router Configs @ 1.3.4 Syslog Monitoring @ 2.1

Thold @ 1.2.4

claw172000

Post by claw172000 »

Thank you very much for the reply. I obviously didn't knew about that. I have set up my snmp community string which is public and the Ip of the cacti server and now everything is running just fine. I have just discovered GNS3 and i will try to add some Cisco routers to the configuration to see if the new cacti server is working with Cisco devices as well.

Thanks again, and have a great day !!! :D :D :D :D